Saturday, May 31, 2008

Dim sum and variety....

Girlie chit chat is quite a cryptic and entertaining phenomenon. For those of you out there with social voyeuristic tendencies here is a glimpse into small talk with a dear friend of mine. While idle chatter commenced we hit upon the basic question of monogamy. The idea of novelty and newness is so enticing... A settling with more of the same seems too bland... And yet even those who dis the monogamous principles secretly long for the never ending quality of the "one"! What a convoluted mess... But to get back to the point, here is the conversation- between two girlfriends who secretly hope for a "one" even while coquettishly lobbying for anything but...



me: whatcha doing lady
Fauzia: eh, a little bit of this, a little bit of that
me: hmmm always a good thing to do
Fauzia: talking to my secret lover, you know, the usual
me: hehehe
i know
the one who precipitated the overnight trip to DC
lol
Fauzia: yes, of course, that very one!
me: ahahaha
Fauzia: but you see, i like to keep my options open...so he is not alone!
me: absolutely!
Fauzia: haha
me: that is the way it should be
Fauzia: of course!
me: you kook...
Fauzia: settling for one is totally overrated
me: i agree
Fauzia: where's the variety and excitement in that?
me: life is all about sampling...
dim sum my dear woman dim sum
Fauzia: what's the saying...variety is the spice of life?
hahah
me: dim sum is the sum of life
Fauzia: :)
me: lol

1 comment:

mo said...

But the question is:

If dim sum is the sum of life, what's the subtraction, multiplication and division of life :P