Saturday, May 31, 2008

My cup runneth over...(The art of my expression series #2)


(watercolor pencils on paper... 9" x 12")

And I quote
"the future is a big shiny cup of hazelnut praline chocolate..." (moz)

I did this shoddy piece to celebrate my birthday. It is my cup of life that overflowed on that eventful day that I turned 30, because I had so much love in my life. I did not have all that I wanted but I did want all that I had... and for that moment, it was more than enough!

I did it over breakfast the morning after my B-Day, with my cup of tea, while browsing over the computer and watching my darling, sweet child draw her masterpiece and enjoying the "on speaker phone" chat with my mom and my daughter. The two most important females in my life, a box of pencils, some earl grey, and blogging... what more could a girl ask for on the morning after a great birthday!

The day of my birthday I returned from presenting at a conference to a house full of presents, flowers, chocolate, cake, cards, e mails, phone calls and love from many venues...

On detour from the conference, I had stopped to slay a dragon (that piece shall follow shortly) and been deeply wounded in the process. The smart of that defeat was soon made non existent in the effulgence of the love that awaited at home... and that, dear people, is why my cup runneth over... For each loss that I had that day, there was a substitute reward. I did not get what I "wanted", but "I wanted" all that I got and it changed my thinking....

"I don't have diddly squat...
It's not having what you want
It's wanting what you've got!"
(Sheryl Crow...)

So I decided that "I'm gonna soak up the sun" and let my "big shiny cup" of life run over with "hazelnut praline chocolate..." !!!

:)
HUGS and Au Revoir...

2 comments:

mo said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sista said...

..its funny how people will take away very different things from the same source (talkin about the Crow song)...

while you, my friend, cherish substitute rewards I will perhaps die with both wants unfulfilled....cause:

"I've got a crummy job
It don't pay near enough
To buy the things it takes
To win me some of your love"

But I too...

"..am gonna soak up the sun
While it's still free
I'm gonna soak up the sun
Before it goes out on me"