Monday, May 19, 2008

Obsession

I have been like a woman possessed these past few days. I recently got in touch with a very controversial public personality. One that is/(was??) annoyingly handsome and attractive and irritatingly intriguing and volatile. The said person has moments of lucidity that are 100% in sync with my wavelength and then goes off on a rampage that is insultingly chauvinistic and shockingly biased.

That is the problem. I have failed to "box" him. And huntress that I am, I am excited by this challenge. I have voraciously been researching him. Google makes social voyeurism an addiction and folks I am hopelessly hooked! What is more, it is amazing how much detail one can find about an other's life via Google.

BUT: here's the deal... it needs to stop. I am a Google monster these days. Every free (and sometimes not so free) moment is spent researching this one individual. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

So being the counseling student that I am I have resorted to the behaviorist technique. I have been snapping a rubber band on my wrist- which BTW is sore and red, yet the googling has not stopped! I need another approach. Any suggestions???

7 comments:

mo said...

Oh that's why google has become a verb, I was wondering :P

Anonymous said...

the best way to overcome an obsession is to just get more obsessed,silly that i may sound :p but it works ;)

sista said...

...the surest way of getting rid of a temptation is usually giving in to it...enjoy it while it lasts.

Unknown said...

Aren't these the signs of a crush? The annoying feeling of being obsessed with somebody you do not want to but still care about?

I would definitely agree, do not fight it. The more you do, the worse it gets!

Anonymous said...

Well best way is throw google away. And yes google knows a lot even my foot prints are on it. Lol

Shahnaz said...

after deep consideartion on all the input... here's the verdict

I did indulge and continue to do so... and slowly but steadily the crush/obsession is diminishing. Of course that is until it rears up and is roaring again.

tsk..tsk...

mo said...

Hehe something silly for MY silly Shahnaz :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO_ey4v1ccA

You googler you :P