Sunday, May 11, 2008

Regarding "J"

I know of three "J"s presently.

The first and foremost is the "J" of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
They are the Judging Characteristics:

Plan many of the details in advance before moving into action.
Focus on task-related action; complete meaningful segments before moving on.
Work best and avoid stress when they keep ahead of deadlines.
Naturally use targets, dates and standard routines to manage life.


There is "J" B
My dear friend. Never ceases to amaze me. Accepting and non-judgemental of me ad infinitum. Love that about him. I had a talk with him today and bared my heart and soul (as I often do)(much like regurgitating)it is that way with us always. Stuff just gets told. We have few if any secrets from each other. But I digress.... I had my talk and told all. We laughed hysterically over piety, hot teas, phone play, big money schemes via which we plan to buy an island somewhere off the coast of Puerto Rico (trust me..this one would get us rich! If I could just put my conscience aside.. lol) and a manner of other interesting little sundries. After the conversation was over, I felt relieved, rejuvenated, restored. Now I know why I love the bloke to death. He warms my heart and accepts me as I am. We fight, and bicker and argue sometimes but in the end we are dudes! Very little of the first J in him I bet!


And most recently there is "J" J
A most interesting addition. I am perplexed by the judgement and rancour I perceive from that end. A hunger-ness even. A soul who seeks to fly free and wild and yet is chained in their own scruples. Then there is also an insatiable desire to know how those who fly free and wild do it. If ever I was an object of curiosity, admiration and perplexity for someone this "J" has to be it! I am criticized mercilessly for my choice of language. I am criticized for my bluntness. I am lectured on my manners. And I am idolized for my talents??!! There is a total clash of a sense of humor. I have not detected one that will recognize mine....I must admit. I am totally at a loss with how things have evolved regarding this J. It was completely unexpected. But regardless, being the Me I am... I am elbow deep in analyzing the complexities of the psyche of this new J. I am much intrigued by my findings.... I for once am (almost) struck speechless. And that is definitely something! This last one has a very high dose of J I'll guarantee.

I, by the way, am no J!
I am very proud of my extra large "P- ness" (tongue in cheek...which is incidentally the complete opposite of a J)
:)

Au Revoir

3 comments:

Mohican said...

This reminds of "Reality Bites", not that great a movie, but an examination (fleeting as it was) of the sensible guy, the best friend, and the dreamer. The ideal conundrum!

Shahnaz said...

@Mohican

Ahahaha...I loved the comparison. I never thought of it as such but my musings do on occasion ring of the as you so aptly put it "ideal conundrum!"

So Cary NC hunh? Well hello neighbor...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I checked out yours and enjoyed it tremendously.

:)
Au Revoir..

Mohican said...

It's a very small world, I read this theory once, that if you go to the other side of the world there's a very high probability that you'd run into someone who lives just across the street from you, on your side of the world. :)

Thanks for liking my zoo...