Sunday, May 25, 2008

Robust Music...

In a car ride with some friends who were discussing music I realized that many of my peeps are not familiar with my taste... Belonging to many diverse cultures I have a somewhat eclectic experience of music therefore I shall share here, some of my favorites who are not as well known to my peeps...

Angelique Kidjo
Embedding for these has been disabled, but also see Agolo & Wombo Lombo. She won the 2008 Grammy for Best Comtemporary World Music Album.




Boney M



Rai Music legend Khaled
I love his "El Arabi" too!





Lara Fabian



Nina Simone
This was originally written for her and recorded first by her in 1964



Reshman



Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan



Amr Diab- awarded the world music award three times, 1998, 2002, 2007



Alessandro Safina- The Tenor from Italy



Mariza

4 comments:

mo said...

Hehe, I could've guessed. Occasionally I'll come across a song, and I'm like, oh Shahnaz will like this, and then I drag and drop it into the "Burn for Shahnaz" playlist :P

:)

Shahnaz said...

@MO

Thanks! New music.... :)

coco jumbo said...

interesting to see someone from the cast of an amazing drama keeping up a blog. I came across this via fightingfalcon16's channel on youtube. Keep up the good work. Regarding the music, I'll have to say that I did not dig it. It is surprising how every individual is so different from the other. I love this diversity and multiplicity of life ...

Shahnaz said...

@rueful

this is some of the stuff I like...
my all time favorite band is U2 of course... now you have have to like them! they are fabulous....