Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Because the heart bleeds...

Like the proverbial ostrich I have taken to sticking my head in the sand when it comes to the plight of my nation. Why? Because it can rip the insides out and cause pain like nothing else. It singlehandedly debilitates like nothing else. The hurt and ache of innocents lost. The shock of babes ground into dust. It leaves me raving like a fury. And impotence turns the darkness inward where it gnaws and feeds on my very soul until there is nothing left but emptiness.

And yet there are days when one soul's pain speaks to another. And you are made aware that you are not alone in anguish. In sharing a common loss, a common grief there is a degree of comfort.

Mohican, you spoke with your heart and it felt great. To know that there is someone who feels it too!

1 comment:

Mohican said...

Yes, I think we're specially social animals, in need to see similar feelings being emitted around us, specially in times of impotent anguish. Anguish that you can't really do anything about, but in some terribly vulnerable moment, just scream...

The wheels keep turning no matter how hard I try to stop them, but it eggs me on that there is someone else who wants to stop the wheels as much as I do.