Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boredom!

I am bored. Strike that... I am bored out of my wits. My break was fun for a few days but now I am sick of my solitude and time. My daughter is spending half her summer with her dad and step mom. At first the break was welcome. But school was still a distraction.... But seriously I have come to believe that my kid keeps me on track. I have no reason to do anything with her gone. Wake up on time... do laundry... cook... clean... I have three closets full of clothes and my washed clothes continue to pile up on my guest bed with me dreading the ironing. I am living on peanut butter. And I have not vacuumed in a while! The point is all this freedom and time is driving me nuts. Not to mention the extra pounds I've gained because all I've been doing is sitting on my behind and eating bon bons in front of the TV!

Sigh....

I have been a workout monster since my failure to work out for the past three weeks due to school schedule, exhaustion and laziness.... In my boredom I am latching onto a fitness craze simply to focus my energy on that and hence lose the boredom. The point is in my quest for a flat tummy I have been trying (key word...) to eat healthy. I have been doing this by avoiding all the junk I love. The problem is, when you are bored, food is a great distraction. Especially chocolate.
Sigh.... I just realized in addition to being bored I have absolutely no will power against chocolate! In fact I may be addicted to chocolate.... and TV.... and my computer.... and exercising... and... sigh....

I give up. I am sooo bored! I wish something exciting would happen real soon. I need some chocolate... and then I should do some crunches in front of the TV in between blogging...
I need help!

5 comments:

mo said...

Awww ... on the bright side, Vienna next week, something new :)

Anonymous said...

lol, luved the chocolate part :)
chocolates get me on a high. i mean who gets high with chocolates..even coke does that to me hehe

Unknown said...

its been somtime since coke or chocolate got me high.. but know wat u mean... i have tried a few things out in such times... when u hav to do somthin on ur own... books are great but there r times when u jus look out the window and theres all ur attention span gone... unless its real good... retail therapy works... but obviously it costs u...

for me... lord of the rings movies duz hav that affect... where it jus takes me to a different world.. the trick is to watch all of them together in one go... yea.. dats around 12 hours of your life goin down somwhere.. but it duz work wonders... ;) !

i myself.. hav jus acquired all da six star war movies.. n plan to see if they work as well as LOR...

ciao :D

mo said...

Oh cmon, chocolates are made from beans, beans are veggies and veggies are good for you!

Unknown said...

and so are all the other things dat get us high.... all veggies.. all good.. all part of ur daily 5 a day... lol !!!

man i neva saw heroine n hash n all dese b4 in dis way ... lol