Sunday, June 1, 2008

Coiffure evolution...UPDATE!!



CURLS!!! Glorious, beautiful, curls.... When I was a baby had ringlets. (my dad has curly hair) Incidentally so did my daughter. Hers fell out due to all the blow drying I suppose or due to getting older...I'm not sure. She looked adorable in them though!

My curls vanished as a result of my parents concern with my hair being so fine... being a girl and all they hoped I'd have a head full of thick hair... helps with the rishta finding process and all... :P

Anyway, educated folks that they are- the old wives tales still prevail. Several shaves of my head would fix the fine part and I would have a head full of thick luscious locks. Alas, they shaved...it grew back straight...they shaved....it grew back curly.....they shaved....it grew back straight...and then they stopped. I am mortified that they stopped there. They could have stopped one shave earlier or even one shave later (in following with the pattern I may have ended up with curls!)

But Alas! Woe is me, the curls were gone. But hurray!... for today my curls are back. They come from a bottle and I love them!

Peace Out!

5 comments:

mo said...

Awwww, someone looks lovely ...

mo said...

Did I say lovely...

I meant

a. lovely
b. stunningly beautiful
c. divine
d. all of the above

Ans: d

Okies, now that I have you nodding your head with that cute look of disbelief in your eyes, I'm going out for a walk. Beautiful evening!

Anonymous said...

u have been posting up a storm this weekend. i didnt go through all of them yet.didn't get the dragon sketch but the plant looked very good.
i dont know what made me think u had a head of natural curls. you look amazing. i think mo has used all the right adjectives :) i laughed at the staight/ curl shave story.
last night i saw indy in action. maybe carrie next week.
th

Unknown said...

I m like soooooooooooo darn sure thats not da way it is supposed to work !!! heheeh

well... in my family dats how it works as well... lil kids upto age 4ish have these real nice curls... but as the hair grows it tends to straighten up a bit... tho it still stays curly... but not da proper afro !!!

and somehow i hav always loved da curls look better... i m quite sure all those disney movies with locks of hair in them (TARZAN) have somethin to do with it... hmmm !!!!

Anonymous said...

how do make that curls, Shahnaz? puhlees let me know.
Given that I also have very fine hair, I'd love to have these curls like yours.