Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dragon Slayer- The art of my expression series # 4


(charcoal on paper)

2/22/08
This was a drawing of what occurred when I detoured to slay my dragon...

The words are:

DISTANCE

To you I came for answers
for peace in turbulence
brought about by you...
To you I came in hope
yet aware
that there was none...
To you I came to slay my dragon
The dragon already lay dead.

Like a wash of uncaring
you glazed over everything
the good
the bad
it all lay blended.
I came for help
you had none to give.
I wanted to explain
you did not need that.
To you I came for answers...
But you gave me none.

4 comments:

Mohican said...

There's something very real about the words of Distance. Gave me some peace in an otherwise turbulent day...

Unknown said...

Hi Shahnaz,
Came across your interesting blog randomly while researching on military based production in Pakistan, and of course ABC being the front runner in the genre, my special focus is on Shoaib Mansoor and his projects and versatile team. Sorry for the off-topic comment but for my articles I'm quite interested in having some discussion with you. Could we please follow up on email?
I'd be very keen to hear from you soon and will initiate the discussion and my queries there.
Thanks & my best regards!

P.S. Feel free to unapprove posting of this comment.

Shahnaz said...

@mohican...

ahh peace the elusive commodity... sorry to hear of the turbulence. Hope the brief respite lasts a while...

Shahnaz said...

@haris

well sure... but for that you'd need to provide me an e mail address...

This is my youtube account
http://youtube.com/profile?user=sksmile

message me your queries and I'll see if I can help. the messages are private and your e mail will address is not visible to anyone but me.