Sunday, July 20, 2008

Love me tender...




On the drive back from from Paris to Geneva, my travel companion and I stopped for a late dinner at a roadside diner. I was blissfully content and satiated, in part because of the glorious music of my favorite band U-2 that I had been lapping up for some 90 minutes and more, and partly because of the beautiful scenery that whizzed past.

I stepped into the diner and made a quick stop to the bathroom. As I was touching up on my makeup this song came on. I walked out to see an old Frenchman mopping the floor and he swayed to the music with his mop. He looked up and smiled a crinkly smile and then proceeded to take my hand and waltz a few steps on his arthritic legs... until the song ended to a loud applause by the servers and diners in that nifty little joint.

I didn't even catch his name. He kissed my hand and went back to his mopping and I ordered my baked poulet and roasted potatoes and proceeded to dine with my travel companion...

One of the many nostalgically touching moments in my travels....

3 comments:

Mohican said...

Man, I wish something this fun would happen to me, looks like you had a great time there, love the pic (and the song of course)!

Hey...I am actually on my way to Isloo for my yearly vacation! In the Dubai airport right now. Will post as soon as I get my bearings again! :)

What is your email address? Mine is on my profile. :)

mo said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I once saw this girl at Lahore airport couple of years ago. There was something about her I still remember what she looked liked her gait her the cloths she wore the shoes everything. Is it appropriate to write it down here not sure. LOL it was one of my moments :)