Friday, July 25, 2008

"That's how I would like to remember us..." PHSHAW!!!

Okay folks... I have to warn you. This is my "grouchy week!" as my daughter likes to term my PMS. So while still completely rational, I do tend to throw lady-likeness and genteel mannerisms out the window.... in private of course! But catch me at a time when I am sleep deprived (was up most of last night watching my fave stuff on the tube...and had a ton of fun- lots of guilt today!)in my "I shall suffer no fools I do not absolutely need to suffer today" mood and then add to it a complete WTF??? situation and that is when the PHSHAW!!!! emerges with scathing honesty and a complete intolerance for the absurd ninny pinny in life.

And I mean it.

So here's the deal... I get this e mail that is all coy, flirty and cocky! From an ex. None other than the one who called me self-centered and selfish! I would not have cared much for it had it not been the umpteenth one in a row (and one that I absolutely refused to politely reply and chuckle to).

So I very bluntly decided to make my point in my reply. I stated that I did not appreciate the flirty come ons and insisted that in the interest of a civil friendship those boundaries not be crossed; and decided to leave it at that.

But Oh no! It just could not end there.... it was followed up by an IM: "Ouch! are you OK?" directed to me.

I'm peachy darling! Just sick and tired of being tolerant of this kind of blatant and unwelcome communication!!!

So I was irked (to say the least). I was chatting with some VERY dear friends online in a fine and perfectly happy mood and Lo and Behold! The Im window pops up with the "Ouch...." I took a deep breath and proceeded to deliver my piece. I stated that in the interest of civility and friendship it would be best if certain boundaries that I did not particularly enjoy were not crossed..... and gave the reasons why.

And get this... The said male has the gall to end with, "civil and friendly- sounds boring" "....I'm positive you enjoyed us more before the mistakes....I will continue to make them and so will you, but OK".

...Hmmmm.... "but OK..." he says, I thought I had made that clear when I broke up, and when I did not reply to e mails, and when I was distant, and most importantly TODAY in my reply before the "OUCH"!!!!

This post would not have emerged had the misogynistic, patronizing and egotistical quality of ACK!!!!...."I'm sure you enjoyed us before the mistakes.....I will continue to make them and so will you"!! not been uttered (typed) by him...

Darling, (in my most flinty, and British even toned voice)(almost like Bond...)

-(Newsflash): I NEVER make the same mistake TWICE!! Hence we are over... So sorry to prove you wrong but...NO... I will not continue to make mistakes with you....
(you may continue to get your foot in your mouth if you so please and I shall tolerate (or not) as the tolerance quotient, available after the days consumption, in my system sees fit)

-(Newsflash a deux): I did not "enjoy us" which was one of the major reasons I ended it...remember???
(and don't even get me started on that...)

And...

-(Last(but certainly not least) Newsflash): "Boring" hunh???...
Sugar, I get my "not-so-boring" elsewhere... so you better hop on board and stop trying to sound/write/make "non-boring" with me!


And FIN!
_______________________________________

KKKHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
(That is my cattiness that emerges when pushed too far)
(I have claws- I just choose to keep them padded, so don't ever try that chauvinistic you are a female I once dated and therefore I must flirt with you, and you must entertain me because otherwise it would be boring CRAP!!! on me or any other female... ever.... again!

Oh and FYI.... Denny's is a diner. My kitchen is not!!!

NO MISTAKE!

Civilly,

Yours Truly.
S

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm... i have to agree... with you of course... this kind of attitude is just... not good !!! Not that i have had a LOT of experience in this matter but the lil i have... i know its the last thing you want... specially at a gouchy time !!!

and btw... all this comes from a MAN's mouth... lol... if dat makes any difference!

Shahnaz said...

sami!

tsk..tsk...

the grouchy has nothing to do with it! that was the point of the post. i did not feel irritated because i was grouchy. i would have been irritated regardless. i am not as patient when i am grouchy.... so in a way i am glad i was grouchy because i have ben tolerating the annoying e mails in the past when i should probably have just been very blunt. but doesn't not replying to an e mail (the same one sent four times...)mean i do not want to reply to this...?? in a nice way???

Unknown said...

ok 1st of all lemme clarify... when i said grouchy i meant a very GENERAL grouchy !!!

hmm... ages ago i learnt to use my anger/grouchy ni some matters... it is a bit like strike when teh iron is hot... except that its the hammer thats hot in this hour... works equally well... of course it has to be controlled agression !!!

baqee... about gettin no replies and still mailin... i hav one such email sent to me for da umpteenth time today... and i hav no idea what to do with it... i do not want to hurt that person... but i made clear that this is not what i want... and my only possibl reply can b 2 condole with the fact that i m not dere for her... yet she keeps mailin...

but ... guess there is a difference in your guy n my case...

n my oh my... it is borin when we r jus friends... how borin is this guy ??? i mean seriously it reflects on his borin character and not yours... or... da fact that he is a perv... anyhu... i will leave at these thoughts !!!

sista said...

I totally loved Newsflash a deux...that particular problem of his is only going to be compounded if he reads this (!!)... on top of the well deserved put-down from you!

Sleep easy...

....groom, preen, live, love .... 'cats' never should tolerate toads.