Friday, September 26, 2008

Ain't no reason



I was bomblasted recently and accused of being wishy washy on my blog. And later in a private communication I was told by (the same) someone who claims to "know" me that I am strong in real life so why do I resort to trying to please when I write. This person has never met me. We have spoken to each other a total of two times. And yet they felt that they were the expert.... on me! I was amused....

What is my strength?

When all around me, people are succumbing to hate, and anger and finger pointing and name calling (yes "claiming to know me" is name calling...) to be able to let it go... to be able to rise above it.... to be able to take the high road that is strength.

It is easy to sit back and give in to disdain and bitterness. It is easy to attack someone else because of your own frustrations. For the purpose of venting- it is simple to lash out... but it takes courage and it takes strength to sit with your own frustration and bitterness and FACE it!

To judge another and claim to know them is easy. You simply have to label them... and from your subjective reality evaluate... but it takes courage and strength to accept differences and not pass judgement. It takes guts to say that is who you are... and this is who I am and that is okay. You are okay. I am okay.

A human has a RIGHT to autonomy. To be who and what they are. Freedom of speech entitles one to talk about what they want, how they want... People who seek to label us, do so simply so they can change us... so they can convince us that there is something lacking in us that we need to change... and then they try to pose as benefactors trying to help us change.... In my experience- those are the frailest people. They look to others and point to others simply to distract themselves from taking a good long look inside their OWN self. It is after all, easier to look at another and say... "you are this...." than it is to look at your own self.

To face oneself, flaws, weaknesses, talents and all... takes courage. It is the hardest thing to do. Most people spend a lifetime avoiding it. If they can blame everyone else for something, they never have to take any responsibility and that is easy.

I am at peace with myself. I have faced myself and battled my demons. I do it everyday. I am not ashamed to FEEL. I am not ashamed to LOVE. I a not ashamed to believe that praying and loving and accepting can heal. I am not ashamed to be who I am. I use my real name when I blog. I speak my mind. I do not hide behind the cover of a pseudonym and anonymity and from that high horse spew forth bitter tirades.

I am who I am. And I am at peace. I have no need to retaliate. I have no need to incite. And yes, I am a nice person... and I have no problem with that. And I do believe that making love is a far better option than making war! I am pro peace. I am anti aggression whether it be at a micro level (like said human who "knows me") or at a macro level like terrorism, war, and control.

I believe in peace. I believe in understanding and coexisting. I believe in human rights for all humans. I believe in living and letting live....

9 comments:

TehBoogieMonsterMan said...

IT's true what you said, and I agree with your thoughts. It sucks to have people point fingers at you and judge you, when they dont' even know you, trying to put you in a certain category of people. However, anonymity is nothing wrong, some people feel uncomfortable to reveal themselves over the internet because of various factors:
1. family/known people wanting to gossip
2. A past that's made them the way they are; shy and afraid..
and various other reasons..

Faisal Jaan... said...

I see two kind of people around me.

Contributors to Love
and
Propagators of hatred

I strongly believe that the formers are the reason for this world to be a place to stay.
Love is the right solution to antagonize terror, war and aggression.
SPREAD LOVE and SAY NO TO HATRED.
Let the GOD dispose what we propose to HIM.

Anonymous said...

i totally concur...no pasting labels on people or stacking them in neat little piles.
watch it kitten,your claws are showing :)
love, TH

Shahnaz said...

apple...

i know what you mean. the anonymity was not inplied as a collective statement. it was a specific statement meant for someone who hides behind it and yet points out my meekness....

Shahnaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shahnaz said...

thnks for the vote of confidence faisal...

:)

Shahnaz said...

TH

hehehe.... i know right!

KHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! here come the claws....

miss you. how have you been.... and howz the hubby?

Unknown said...

it takes courage to claim I am who I am ... I hav suffered a lot in da past because of the same claim...

good on you and keep up the good work...

on a general note... it is about making differences... not pointing fingers !!!

Mannan said...

Seen you bare your claws after a very long time. :P
But it really altogether frustrating to have fingers pointed at your own personal thoughts and acts.I believe that everyone thinks about the same thing in his/her different manner.Just because someone's views are different doesn't necessarily mean that they collide.
If my vote counts! then you've got two.
One from me,and another one,also from me,cuz its Eid day here! :P
A very very Eid mubarak to Shahnaaz and all.