Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Urban Jungle- Mating call







I watch your eyes
they mesmerize...

I watch your lips
they entice...

I watch you stretch
you beguile...

You glance my way
You smile...
I smile...

Those lips...
What would they
be like to kiss?
Soft and gentle?
Teasing?
Insistent?
When I pulled back, would you lean in?

Your arms...
Could they
lift me up?
Would they command
Demand my love?
When I walked past
Would they pull me close?

You glance my way
Thoughtful now....
You look
I look
I smile
You smile
We cannot seem to look away

We watch a while...
I wonder
You wonder

If we kissed...
Would it be tender?
Passionate?
Sweet surrender?

I smile...
You smile...

You know.
I know.

You drop your head
ever so slightly
a query...
a question...
a challenge.

I tilt my head
in delicate defiance
in answer...
in anticipation...
in acceptance.

The tension builds...

The focus sharpens.

Behold now
The stage is set.
The sights and sounds around us cease
As we remain transfixed
At ease
The jungle drums
a distant roar
build up...
as you
as I
we make our move...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, After reading your poems, I would certainly support your mom..you should get married soon...:) Happy Eid.

Anonymous said...

uhh...lighten up, Shahnaz. Eid Mubarak!

Came across this online:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m237/owaism1971/eid/eid2.jpg

Shahnaz said...

@anonymous....

lol...

ever heard of creative license.... besides what does my poetry have to do with marriage?

Shahnaz said...

mouse

hmmmmm it appears that my writing seems to shock even you mouse...

i have generated quite a ruckus!

Shahnaz said...

thanks for the link, mouse- but i cannot read urdu....

hasan said...

Hi, My first comment today was as anonymous cause i didnt know how you will respond. But seeing your easy going response i am adding my second comment under my sign-in name.

I am aware of the concept of creative license but most of your poems and some paintings are about the sacred union between the human genders. I believe that conciously or sub conciously, an artist is projecting his or her experiences/wishes/desires through their creations. Thats why I made that link..But offcourse thats just an analysis that might be wrong .. you being the artist/poet have the final word on it

Fahad said...

that was a very lovely/touchy poem ....
though sum time way back during the days of o'levels i used to rap n all .... n cos of dis poem i cant stop gettin into the beats n all... :) ...
but this one has nothing to do with rap but really catchy ;) !!!
so when r u releasing ur album then !?!?! :-D

neways ... EID SAEEED :) !!!!

Unknown said...

my answer to the beautiful poem....

YES :D !!! lol

jus kiddin... its beautiful... absolutely beautiful ... plus your eyes go great with it :D !!!

ps... i looked up anonemouse's post... it says eid mubarik in urdu :D !!!

Intellectual Solitude said...

Shahnaz..
you have this God-gifted thing in you..i mean you have converted such beautiful sentiments into such coherent verses...keep it up!!!!
don't listen to any mouse...coz MANO is here...heheheh( hey, mouse, no offene;)...!!)

Deja Vu said...

hi, no blog for eid.
please do write
Eid Maubarak

Shahnaz said...

hasan

i still don't get WHAT marriage has to do with it....

please explain.

Shahnaz said...

fahad, sam, peppermint!!!

you guys rock! you totally get my writing... thanks dudes. there is no greater pleasure for a writer than that their readers "get" them!

hugs guys!

Usman said...

[Speak to me only with your Eyes.....it is to U i give this tune.......]