Friday, October 31, 2008

Distance...



Love this song...

Mom and Dad loved this song...
Used to listen to it all the time

"I hear the sound
Of distant drums
Far away...
Far away....
And if they call
For me to come
Then I must go
And you must stay..."

I knew it was a poignant song then...
Even as a little kid...
There was so much tenderness, loss, yearning, wanting, losing...
There was a fleeting quality to the love that we give and we share...
The need to be love, and be loved...
Yet the restlessness to need freedom and be free...
Forever torn
Between the two...

"Let's not wait...
Let's share all the time we can before it's too late
Love me now for now is all the time there may be..."

"So Mary Marry me...
Let's not wait
For the distant drums might change our wedding day
And love me now
For now is all the time there may be
If you love me Mary... Mary...
Marry me..."

Distance...
Loss
Love
Now
For now is all the time there may be...

2 comments:

Hyper-Threaded said...

Great song Shahnaz!

But I must say that this song reminds me of my grandpa before he died. Although he didn't talk of a 'Mary', (he didn't have any Mary at that time, because my grandma died much earlier than him), but he did say to my dad, mom, me & my brothers and sisters to spend time with him. He once told that he 'saw men in white robes calling him' and that the 'time was near...' Its a sad feeling to remember that......

Yes, its sad... But the best part is, I know he's in Heaven... ("I'm in Heaven", another great song!) He died to be 100 years old!


Signed,
HT.

Hyper-Threaded said...

Shahnaz

Sorry for crowding your comment area with multiple comments, but I think you must watch this! I don't know if you have, but this is just great!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_7hxDkxzCQ&feature=related