Saturday, October 4, 2008

Giant hugs for SAM!!!

Sam me dear... you the man!

So folks here's what happened. I got my daughter her first ipod for Eid. She came home from her dad's place and asked to see her present. I knew i was getting her the ipod. I just did not have the physical ipod.... so i told her, "Well it's a 3-D present really but you get it on paper..." she looks at me funny. "Give it to me anyway Mom!" says she. So I get up, scribble 'ipod' on a piece of paper, fold it up and give it to her.

She looks at me VERY funny now. Almost worried I think, wondering if her mom is actually going to give her something for Eid after all. She gives me one more look and then proceeds to open the paper. "Ooohhhhh!" she states. "I just need your help finding you the right one" I offer by way of explanation. "You see... there's different kinds and sizes and colors and all.... so you can help me pick it out!"
She is content.

Today, I ventured forth to get the darn gadget. I hate gadget and electronics shopping... you know that. Well we do the Kumon (math enrichment program) trip, and a quick stop at Mickey Dee's... I am by then starting to feel nervous about the upcoming trip to (sigh) Circuit City with the Shrimpy fella and his judging looks!

"Bubba jee"....
"Yes Mom..."
"Can we make a quick stop at Hobby Lobby?"
"What? They sell ipods too?"
"No no sweetheart... I want to get some new canvas for painting..."
"Now Mommy, you know you get carried away at Hobby Lobby! You see other stuff and you get excited and then you buy everything... and it takes forever and then you are tired and then you want to go home... I think we should go to get my ipod first..."
(sigh)(my kid knows me to well...)
"Okay.... We'll go to Circuit City..."

So we get the ipod and bring it home.
I don't own an ipod. I never have. She loves it! Trouble is I need to set it up. I am online fumbling through the whole set up phase when who should log on but my man SAM!!!

Yay!!

He talks me through the whole thing. With Ambar, reading out his instructions and interspersing it with encouragement (you can do it mommy!) We get it done! I have a happy head bopper bouncing around my home today. And she looks so cute!

Later as we are cuddling I say, "Sorry your mom is tech-challenged!"
"So's dad" she says....
"Well maybe you wont be, Bubba Jee!"
"I know I won't..."
"Yay then!"
"But we did it kiddo!"
"Actually mom, Homer did it!"
I laugh... "Yeah! Homer was a life saver today!"

So HOMER... you the man!
Thanks a bunch!
Giant hugs...

12 comments:

hasan said...

Wow..So the actual purchase went quite smoothly this time...Now you know who is your best companion for visits to Cicuit City....your very own Bubba Jee!

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwww... thanks :D !!!

second time you have dedicated a post to me :D !!!

glad i could b of servce ma'lady :D !!!

big hugs !!!

TehBoogieMonsterMan said...

I LOVE HOMER =D
He's the best!

Unknown said...

apple... i hope u meant me :D :P

Anonymous said...

nice...make sure she has a good source for pirated music, otherwise the songs will end up costing more than the ipod.

Anonymous said...

hehehe,,smacula on cloud nine :p

btw eid mubarak (belated!)

Unknown said...

well... the main thing is in the end shahnaz you did it your self... with a lil help from bubba jee :D !!!

Shahnaz said...

hasan

there's a little trouble there... see bubba jee knows that her mother has a tendency to get distracted in stores, by the merchandise! so she actually does not agree to accompanying me often... if only she were by my side i'd stay out of trouble!

;)

Shahnaz said...

sam me dear

what can I say! you "da" man!! lol..

Shahnaz said...

mouse

yahaa!! i just got the bill from iTunes!!!

Kaching kaching!!! $$$$$$

sheesh.... i like being tech challenged. being high tech is EXPENSIVE!!!

Shahnaz said...

sam

exactly! I did.... i did it all by me self! well (with a little help... from homer... :P)and bubbajee!

Mohsin said...

HI shahnaz,
i am ur biggest fan and i would extremly love, if u would contribute again to pakistani drama.


thanks
mohsin