Sunday, October 26, 2008

It comes...

I feel it again
In my bones
A restlessness
Here it comes...

I can't be still
I need
I feel
I can't explain...

What it is
I burn
I yearn
Like a coiled spring

Wound up tight
Ready to snap
Take off
But Where?

I do not know
It comes
It comes
The restlessness

And go on I must
Move on
Run, Run...
But where I go

I do not know


I am a wanderer
A gypsy
A nomad
A flitting soul
A wisp
A wraith
A shadow
A smell
A feeling
A heartbeat
A flicker
A memory
A loss
A moment
A lifetime
A glimpse
A blink

I am a wrinkle in time...

Behold:

IT COMES!
THE RESTLESSNESS...

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

I run too...we all do...

Running away is perhaps the only way you can be one with EVERYTHING...you can be a 'smell' or a 'flavour'...you could live in the darker tints of someone's old wine...in Vianne Rocher's ever-melting chocolate pot...that's where restlessness can take us: anywhere!

hasan said...

I have become Anu's fan...what an amazing way to articulate. I truly hope the message gets across...