Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick or treat!!




So I come home yesterday to find Mrs. Smith (I adopted her and her family...) (I miss my family so I adopt entire families...)and Ambar in deep commiseration. There is a covert operation afoot and I am not privy to it. I am intrigued...

The doorbell rings a little while later and Mr. Smith and Rebbecca(my friend, their daughter...) enter bearing gifts of cookie (or supplies to make them...)!!

We have a holiday tradition. Close to Halloween we make cookies, dress up, have a ball and otherwise make pure fun!! Life seems to have overtaken me these past few weeks so I had almost forgotten this time honored tradition this year... but I was gently reminded... by my loved ones... that amid the bustle and confusion that is my life

I need to pause and smell the cookies...
I need to dress up and have a ball
I need to make memories with Bubba Jee and co
I am loved and cherished
I have family everywhere I go
Life is beautiful...from...
"One dressed up and have a ball" day...
To the next...
Life is GOOD!

Picture here
Me, Bubba Jee, Rebbecca

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i love this shahnaz more ... !!! :D

shattered said...

fun the shahnaz!!!
great to see you with your daughter

Deja Vu said...

sure, these small things are cherishable in life. to take out time to have a memorable time.

Hyper-Threaded said...

Its great to see you and your daughter together having fun! But Shahnaz, I'm just curious, or I might wanna say, a little concerned about this 'Halloween' tradition, its origin and stuff. Its not wrong to have fun. Some might even consider this as 'harmless fun', but why promote 'death, demons and darkness' when 'life, light and love' are much more fun??

Just a thought... :)

hasan said...

"I am loved and cherished
I have family everywhere I go"

What great assets to have...!!!

Shahnaz said...

sam darling... hugs a lot!

Unknown said...

da concept of halloween is life and fun !!! not demons... lol !

Shahnaz said...

amna

yeah she and i are a fabulous fun pair!

Shahnaz said...

ugghani

never too busy to have fun with the family right!!

Shahnaz said...

Hyperthreaded
(HT)

well we all have demons, darkness and death within us... if we celebrate life, light and love... why not the other. can we live a dichotomized existence? is not betterto accept and embrace all of us... the good and the bad
the light and dark
the pure and the evil?
plus it's a fun excuse to dress up and be someone else...

Shahnaz said...

hasan

absolute best assets ever!

Hyper-Threaded said...

Shahnaz

I humbly disagree when you say that "we all have demons, darkness and death within us... ". We don't.

My point is, if we despise the 'demons' when we actually see or hear of it in someone(although it is rare for this to occur, but it does) and we are afraid of 'darkness', and we despise 'death' when it takes away anyone whom we love, then why do we need to celebrate those things??? I see no point in celebrating what's not meant to be celebrated. It just doesn't seem right to celebrate things that are mourned over, and not doing it with other things like 'life, light and love'....!

RS :)

Shahnaz said...

Mano!

It's a done deal!!