Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cuteness Personified!!



This photograph is the picture of cuteness...

After a long evening of festivities, the little Goth Winged Witch was loathe to call it a night. In an image that personifies the spirit of childhood exhaustion, combined with the rebellion against bedtimes and the innocence of having no control in a non-negotiable schedule, here sits my pride and joy... the meaning of my life...

Her wings crushed against the chair- in the tediousness of limited space, for a creature that needs to soar and freedom to fly wild and free... just as her little spirit is crushed by the tediousness of bedtimes, imposed by mom when there is still fun to be had and adventures to make...

She is the reflection of me.
I vow to nurture and feed that free spirit.
To offer it the safety and care it needs to grow and spread it wings wide.
I vow never to squash too much or too long...until she is ready to be set free...
I vow to listen and to understand before I judge...
I vow to stand just a step behind and let her face her fears and be afraid, make mistakes and learn from them...
I vow to stand just a step behind... so she will have help if she needs it but never until she has tried her hand and tested her strength...
I vow never to wait too long before jumping in... nor jump in too fast... God help me with that!
I shall love and hug and kiss a lot!
I shall tease and joke and laugh a lot...
I shall pray and hope in the silence of the night , that life will go easy on this free spirit...
And when the time comes...
And when she is ready...
I shall teach her to FLY
To spread her wings and SOAR high...
I shall show her the joys of the open skies...
And teach her never to compromise
On her happiness
On her principles
On goodness
On truth...
I shall teach her to have the courage to disagree
I shall teach her to dance
To never sit it out
To laugh
Every chance she can...
I shall teach her to love...

My dear child
Be happy every day...
Fly high
Soar free
Be yourself always
And rejoice
In life
In you...

I love you!


Here sits my little angel, "The Winged Goth Witch!" and this is the most perfect shot of the evening... one that I shall cherish and carry around in my mind for decades to come...

I title it...
Cuteness Personified

5 comments:

Deja Vu said...

A picture is worth a thousand words...
this picture truly speaks a lot of tales.
Nice Capture

hasan said...

Wow..quite a manual on parenting this post is...May Allah help you fullfill all your and her dreams..

shattered said...

parenting guide to "parenting guides"
:)
it made me so happy to see your love for your daughter
I wish both of you all the best

Anonymous said...

In picture, why there is bandage on her right hand finger?

Hasan said...

She'll love you for that vow u make ...