Monday, November 17, 2008

Feeling magic...

i helped a woman who holds back... feel again
i made it safe for her to be real
i sat with her while she cried
she looked at me with her grateful eyes
she confessed her fears to me
she faced her demons with me
i helped her see herself
i guessed at her truth
i spoke it out loud
and she fell apart right there
in front of me
for no one had ever
understood her before
no one had ever seen her before
for no one spoke kindly
or gently before
i sat there in silence
and watched the tears fall
this mountain of strength
of tremendous resolve
the weight on her shoulders
the guilt and the shame
it all poured out
a trickle it was...
for if she let go
for if she gave in
she would come undone
the dam would cave in
i felt my eyes water
i felt my heart melt
i let go myself
and with her i wept
i saw me in her
i saw where she'd been
i saw and i saw
i spoke and she sobbed
she sobbed because
she knew that i saw
she sobbed because
she could not let go
she sobbed because
she knew that i knew
we sat there together
bonded by feeling
we sat there together
in sacred space
we sat there in silence
we sat there in words
we sat and we sat
until it was time
i gave her a gift
i think that she knew
where to begin
she asked me to say
begin with yourself
was all i could say...

my heart felt the magic
i made magic today
my heart felt the feeling
feeling magic, today...

7 comments:

Hasan said...

do u create all this magic?

these paintings and words with supra-normal impact...??

Hasan said...

"...and she fell apart right there"

its all about ... feeling pain!

Shahnaz said...

i feel... if that is what you mean...

i feel with writing
and paint
and words
and music
and touch
and heart
and soul

i feel with smells
and sounds
and glimpses
and memories
and faith

i feel with every fiber of my being

Hasan said...

hmmm...

i was referring to what i thought was the message of this writing...

Shahnaz said...

i was responding to the creating of the magic part :P

Z Sattar said...

it touched to my heart

Anonymous said...

i felt a shiver run down my spine as i read it. this one touched me to the core. i wish u can keep feeling the magic again & again. this kind of magic heals souls.
i wish more power to u...
TH