Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Funny....

So,

My Mom is visiting (YAY!!).... she got in late Sunday night and while she unpacked I finished painting "Adam"!!

Anyway, these first few days have been rushed because my weekly schedule does not include much down time for me. I go to work, I go to school... and that is pretty much it! I didn't realize how bad "it" is until today. Bubba Jee is with her dad tonight, so I took Mom out for dinner after class (which BTW ends at 6:45pm!). We get to the steak house by 8:00 and over a lovely dinner she tells me...

"So I was reading your blog today, and was very touched by the feeling magic moment..."

I am thinking hmmmmm.....

She continues,
"...see I have not really had a chance to sit and talk with you, so I decided to catch up and visited your blog today...."

WOW!!!

My mother, here for the past three days, living in the same house, has not had a chance to catch up and so logged on to read about me on my blog!

In my defense- she goes to bed early. Evenings are usually about dinner and homework and winding down... Bubbs and Mom are early to bed peeps, and then I chill and unwind... but that also means zero time with my # 1 over age 8 woman!

Hurry up and get here Friday!!! I need to hang out with my mother!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom in US… yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It must be great having you with your mom after long time. Mom is a symbol of purity, love and warmth. You are a mom too. So you can better understand. Isn’t?

mo said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Calm Cool said...

hello shahnaz, how r u?
me visiting aftr a longgg gap n like always ur blog is rocking.
as Hasni said:
u r much more than SSG of 98 :)
n i agree 100% (a 1 in al comment for al of ur pasts lol...)

btw Adam is simply gr8, the concept, ur imagination n putting it on canvas, impressed me alot. thumbs up !

hey i miss u @ My Life also :$ ;)
lov ya n see ya

Unknown said...

awww bless her !!!

so i suppose ur moms a regular reader of the blog then !!!

thats so mega cool :D

don worry.. friday is like... tomorrow :D

Deja Vu said...

life gets busier everyday..
these small things remind us of how busy it is.
wishes for a happy weekend, with lots of time for ur mom and bubba jee

Mannan said...

I remember you once said that this blog shows only just a part of what you really are.But now i think that maybe this shows a whole reflection of you.Maybe not your whole personality but certainly enough to give us a glimpse of what you really are.

Have fun! :P

shattered said...

great to hear that your mom is visiting
i hope you have a lovely time

Dr.Sana Awan RPh. said...

yea its the reality of daly life of those living in abroad, that u hardly get time to do chit chat even with ur dear ones..
but ve fun

Hasan said...

just read first four chapters of A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME...

imagine how hard it'd be for a medicine guy to digest all that hardcore physics..

And guess what..

I found something..

i mean.. "saw" something thats been so evident for the past so many decades and nobody even thought of probing into that "something"..

i ll share it with u guys... thoray din tak...book khatam karlun...

:D

till then


Adieu!!!

Unknown said...

its a wonderful book... but i suggest reading 'a breiFER history of time'... same book... described in a simpler manner... :D !!!

ps... dat book has launched me onto a philosophical tangent!