Friday, January 23, 2009

Update on LOL!!

So folks, guess what....

Well my mother is a quite something. I've always wondered at it. I know I have hippy parents and mom has the knack for making me confess to any and all crimes without any effort whatsoever... but she can be really, really conniving!!

This is what she does!

She calls me from DC to let me know that she landed safely and is at the gate ready to board her International flight shortly. And then just like that she drops the ball.

"So bachay, that was some funny situation hunh?" (Mom)
(Stunned silence) (Me!!)
"Well you could have helped me out mom!" (Me)
"I thought about it.... but then I thought no... let me just stand back and simply enjoy this one!" (MOM!!!)

Now mom is a sociologist it's true and this is like her element.... observing social interaction in natural habitat! But sheesh! I am her daughter and she needs to observe less and help more!!! And I swear I detected a hint of a chuckle in her voice. I confronted her about it.

"Oh yeah!" she says, "I had a good laugh about it with one of the other passengers on the plane who saw the whole thing! He said your face was worth a million!!" (MOM)

I splutter over the phone and out pours a tirade of reproach! Unfortunately her flight is being announced and so she can't hear too well and completely misses my indignant speech! She needs to board she states and wishes me love and hugs and... click! is off the line!

So I am cheated out of the satisfaction of having my little tantrum also! At least for the next howevermanyhours it takes to get to Islamabad!

I am very disgruntled!
HUMPH!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i m totally jealous !!!

seriously !!!

Shahnaz said...

jealous? why jealous....

Unknown said...

ur mom's cool !!!

Deja Vu said...

so, how did John look like???

and, hope that ur mom had a safe flight back to the Land of the Pure

and u never mentioned ur daughter's reaction, was she there n enjoying it all

Shahnaz said...

Deja Vu

Daughter was at school... so she was not there. Mom got home safe.

:)

Eena said...

shahnaz,
plz plz plz teme na...
did john call?
n yeah how was he ;)

Intellectual Solitude said...

Lol Sahnaz!
ur mum's cool, that it is, and me jealous too, hehehe..

hey what if john had green eyes? hmm?