Saturday, April 18, 2009

the best painting...

... i have your best painting...

So one of my dearest friends tells me today... And what is more, the said piece is the first one that I painted since moving to the U.S. It was painted in 2006. And it takes a place of honor on his bedroom wall among many beautiful pieces of art. He tells me that it is the most beautiful art in the place. I secretly smile, flattered by his praise. What is more- the painting was never completed. I started it. The background is done so while it appears complete to an observer, I know it isn't. I had intended to add more to it, but the sunset beckoned and so I climbed to his rooftop to see the sun set and thus the art was left untended... unfinished, like a chapter in my life...unfinished like Gypsy Kings, memorable and yet, unfinished...

He had it framed and states that one day he may add something to it... I shall wait and see. Meanwhile, I have insisted that he re-establish his studio because frankly I miss it! Once done, I intend to display all my pieces there- yeah I think of it as "my studio". In addition to adopting people I have also started to adopt places and he laughed at me today because he stated it was a most feline quality quite befitting me!

To Gypsy Kings and memories
To laughter- fun and bittersweet
To art, to color
To he and I
Friends that last a lifetime
...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i wannna see it :D

Samreen niazi said...

you complete it..you complete feelings, words, emotion, art..
:)
lady you do magic
at least to a bz trizzy mother like me (i have two tiny girls )

you always make my day..
i know none of us know that friend of yours.. but we can all relate it to our friends who complete us.. thats why i say you are blessed wid magic of words, wid magic of colors.k

Samreen niazi said...

you complete it..you complete feelings, words, emotion, art..
:)
lady you do magic
at least to a bz trizzy mother like me (i have two tiny girls )

you always make my day..
i know none of us know that friend of yours.. but we can all relate it to our friends who complete us.. thats why i say you are blessed wid magic of words, wid magic of colors.

shattered said...

hey shahnaz.. do u know where has sistajee`s blog moved to?i cannot access her blog

Shahnaz said...

amna...

sorry amna, i do not!

Unknown said...

hey amna... I heard she finished off her blog for some personal reasons...