Monday, April 20, 2009

...whatever lola wants...

A friend had recommended I watch this French film- Priceless.

I rented that among several others that I had missed because of life getting in the way. So this past weekend I went and rented, in addition to Priceless, the following treasures:

The Red Violin
Once
Amelie
The pursuit of happiness

I watched Priceless first on Saturday afternoon, after taking the NCE- my mammoth counseling certification exam (pray for me to pass) (the testing conditions were awful- noise like there is no tomorrow...), and then watched Once.

Both were touching. Spoke of love... the unconditional kind, love that is true, priceless and does not seek to possess- but merely to cherish and enjoy.

I was reminded again, of what love should be like. I was reminded again of what love should feel like. Such an immense emotion those four little letter encompass

L O V E

I woke up late Sunday afternoon and watched The Red Violin. I felt reborn after. It was a beautiful movie. Again about love...

What does love mean?
What does love mean to you?

I went to visit a friend last night. One whom I haven't enjoyed in a long long time. We sat and laughed. We talked like old times. I met his brother. We laughed some more. I danced all night (he cannot dance to save his life!). I felt happy. I felt free- like I have not felt in a long, long time. We listened to music. I stole 7 more of his CDs... he has threatened to start a lending list just because of me. He collects this beautiful music from all over the world and then along comes Polly (yours truly!) and lays her paws on what she wants and off she goes...

"whatever Lola wants... Lola gets..."

I danced to my hearts content. And as I drove home in the wee hours of the night, I thought to myself,

"self" says I...
"life is good! it has its ups. it has its downs. but in the end... life is good!"

A little bittersweet.
A little heartbreak.
A little heartache.
A little scary.
A little kind.
A little trying.
A little loss.
A little gain.

Yet in the end...

Life
Is
Good

And yes, I have wings to fly again...
Volare...

3 comments:

Faisal Jaan... said...

Dear Shahnaz
Hope you are doing fine with your life.

You should also watch the movie,
BEFORE SUNRISE
Its also about L O V E.
You are going to love it, I am sure.
God bless you.
Faisal

Aemi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shahnaz said...

Aemi

I don'tgive "advice"... :P
But i can certainly listen and help in anyway i can. the thing with advice is that no one can tell us how to run our lives....only we can decide that- so this is not to say i am turning you down in trms of any help i can offer. it is just the mode of help that may be different....

send me your e mail address as a comment and i'll not publish that. i'll send you my email in response.

hope you are well... and best of luck!