Sunday, May 3, 2009

transitions...

So i got done with my last paper- it is on it's way to my professor via electronic mail... which leaves me irrevocably done!
It is an odd feeling being 'done'. Transitioning from grad student to graduate is a somewhat bittersweet one. The excitement has not quite kicked in, I begin to wonder if it will at all.... the job hunt continues and hope is afloat.

Other facets of life continue to disintegrate no matter how much effort I put into keeping them intact. There are somethings, I suppose that just will not gel no matter how hard we try. Somethings just won't mix so what is one to do?

In a most 'Carrie Bradshaw' like way I am tempted to ruminate on the mysteries of man. What makes him tick? What is it that a man wants? What does a woman want? I could not help but wonder (tongue in cheek...) if one must experience a near death electrocution a la Mel Gibson in "What Women Want" to be able to master the intricacies of the opposite sex...

If men are from Mars, and Women from Venus on what orbit shall the two be in unison?

7 comments:

Z Sattar said...

somewhere on earth I guess :D

Shahnaz said...

a-ha!

good one zeeshan... good one!

it made me smile to myself...

FAISAL RIAZ said...

When we r studying at the campus, we are present of our university. When we graduate, we become past of our very own university. Being Present to Past is painful. One way or the other we mostly don't want things to change around us... but they change... or get changed...

When things are the same, we want them to change. When they change, we want them to roll back which is not always possible. We are strange....

Z Sattar said...

@Shahnaz... my pleasure

Aemi said...

Thats why i really hate changes...it's always good to live in the past..

Unknown said...

oh life is so much more fun outta uni i tell ya !!!

grab on the wagon and have fun hon :D

ps... how did it go yesterday ?

Anonymous said...

Thought of doing some acting for a break while or before hunting for the real job? It would be nice to see a more mature you on tv after all these years. I mean you had so much personality in ABC. But many of the most refined Pakistani actresses probably started tv acting after marriage (or marriage age) so it would be interesting to see you as more womanly after seeing the girl.