Sunday, June 21, 2009

Aroma-





Paper Roses
A painting in pain
A walk in a park
Where I found my solace
A smile at a wedding
That hid the fact
The man I love
Is married today...
A reflection in a window
And I burst into tears
As I realized that
There never was
Up for view
A picture of you
Of me with you
A captured moment
A victory of mine
Photographed
By a lost love of mine
All put together
By a man
Who loved me then
And loves me still
And yet
He loves in vain....
As I love in vain...
For love such as this
Is ever
Unrequited.
And yet there is
My treasured angel
And I sob some more in vain
As I ponder
Yet again
The irony
The irony
Of life
My life
Of love
My love
In vain...

For we exist
But to make sport
For the gods
Who toy with us
Sometimes
Mercilessly

Yes
"Aroma"
How aptly named
How a fragrance
Can linger still
How can aroma
Last until
Forever and ever
Has come and gone
And yet your scent
Can linger still...

You know what I mean...
You know what I mean...

No comments: