Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Iff Again...

I sat a while in Gandalf's office doing what it was I was doing and he stated what he stated and in the doing and the stating the truth emerged. A truth I faced reluctantly. A truth he showed me ever so simply, ever so gently, and as always ever so blatantly.

When all was said and done, awareness reached and self revealed, he asked me,
"Would you rather I don't?"
I replied, "No, John..."

And then there was peace.

"Do you realize that you look very different now?" he asked
"I realize that I feel very different now..." I replied.

"Anxiety is polluting your present", he stated. "In sadness you can look to the past and it will lead you to closure. Shahnaz, it is no crime to be human!"

And as I sat, moist eyed and silent. Aware and drained. At peace and in acceptance, he stated,

"I shall do you a favor and end it on this note so that you don't have to flit about like a flea on a griddle..."

I chuckled inspite of myself and stated,

"Yes, John- I have been flitting about like a flea on a griddle. Thank you so much. I sincerely am grateful for my hour a week with you."

And so the tired, knowing soul walked out into the sunshine- in acceptance of the sadness that it carried still...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, so your therapist actually tells you something.

Shahnaz said...

lol... gandalf is my clinicalsupervisor and my professor and mentor... not my therapist! i do have a therapist too, though...

Unknown said...

good one... me likes

in my world.. 'iff' stands for if and only if ... :D

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't read the first paragraph carefully.

My experience with therapy has just been bad. All she did was take notes and ask prying questions. Hehe. She just made me feel ashamed of all the stuff that lurks in my mind and I just wanted to help myself after a couple of awkward sessions.

You expect wisdom and beauty in a few simple words. I think you have that and your professor has that too.

Faisal said...

"Iff Again...." very nice that completed by very nice wording....... why u not try to write a film or drama stories........?????? ARY, GEO need nice stories.(its just my advice)