Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lost- And found...


Remembering is reversing...

"If in moving through your life you find yourself lost, go back to the last place where you knew who you were and what you were doing, and start from there..."

(Bernice Johnson Reagon- Sweet Honey in the Rock)

I was at a conference yesterday all day... and while learning was jolted into awareness by this one.

It spoke to me. It made sense to me. It was a gift to me-

I have been lost and seeking a long time and unknowingly I had stumbled upon this wisdom, but it had not reached awareness, not that is, until i saw these words... And now I am aware. I am there.

I am remembering.
I am reversing.
I am seeking.
I am finding.
I am reaching...

The place
Where I am meant to be.

It is a mellow place I am in at the present.
I love it.
I cherish it.
I enjoy it.
I live in it.

I heard this one yesterday, when I asked someone special to tell me their favorite song...
It left me speechless
It left me breathless
It made an impact

Because the song is beautiful
It speaks.
Volumes
And it showed me a side of this person I had merely caught glimpses of...





Sometimes the simplest things about a person are the most significant.
I live for the simple things...
They mean the most to me.

3 comments:

FAISAL RIAZ said...

I love living simple life as it makes many things easy. Most of us desire for it but don't drive for it. Rather, we let the complex things get hold of us.


Happy belated Independence Day.
Hope U enjoyed a lot on this Aug14. BTW it was my B. Day too.

Anonymous said...

I have thought that wisdom in that quote on my own but I am not sure if it works. Perhaps, it's good to remember what you wanted to achieve and be in that stage when you knew yourself and then strive for that.

Anonymous said...

i just wish life also get simple