Sunday, October 25, 2009

Reading between the lines...

"I never know what you want, you never say...
Why do I always have to be the one who says?"
Tell me you want me, you want this, how much I mean to you...

"Why there, Why now, Why not here?"
I want you here, come to me...

"You said, you did, you...."
I MISS YOU!!! I LOVE YOU---

Words
words
w o r d s
---------

Ever felt that a conversation was just a place, words were just taking up space and the meaning-

The MEANING
Was never even stated
It was lost
In translation
Jumbled up
Between the lines
Scrambled and obfuscated
By the fear
The emotion
Of the speaker
Of the listener

Ever had that conversation
Where all you were saying
was---
I LOVE YOU
And all the wrong words came out
And all the games were played
Because it was simpler
To play them
Than to say
I LOVE YOU
I WANT YOU
I MISS YOU

Because there was a fear
Does he want what I want
If I jump will she jump

And so the words go on
And the games go on
Filling up time
Taking up space

And yet all the while
You both knew
At different times
Or
Even at the same time
What YOU were doing...
What THEY were doing...
That you were merely

Speaking

Not with the words that you spoke
But with all the words

The words...
Never stated

All the words...
Implied
Hidden
Explicit

Between the lines

I Love You
(Between the lines...)
I miss you
(Between the lines...)
I want YOU
(Between the lines...)

13 comments:

xulfe said...

poetry
.....
.... is
... not
.. understandable
<<<.>>>
(empty)mind
_I_I_
I I Suggestion:
IXulfeI use words that are
I_____I easy to understand
or put translation also

Z Sattar said...


"All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm"


Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

Arnav said...

"And all the wrong words came out
And all the games were played
Because it was simpler
To play them
Than to say
I LOVE YOU
I WANT YOU
I MISS YOU"

True very true , almost of us end up stating complex things , weird things and all we ever wanted to say was a three word sentence ..

Loved the meaning ...in those words ..


Keep Writing and Smiling :)

Anonymous said...

It's deep stuff that someone with a lot of understanding of human relations can write. It went over my head, especially because of the lack of my romantic involvement with anyone but I think this post has definitely more of a truth value than most of your other posts (not that your other thoughts are untruthful, but that this one has a lot of depth and value).
Par excellence!

Mubashir Ahmad said...

brilliant and mind blowing literally i lost in ur words

Anonymous said...

did u assure him? may b he is being tentative and speculative about your feelings towards him? "If I jump Will She Jump" thats what its all about, may be at times you need to assure the one that you love him at the cost of being dangerously Blunt.
To the wise man "Just Jump" if she follows good for you if not , Its a free fall no chutes "Fall a dead, Rise a new"
Why wait to say to yourself "if i had done this, if had done that, if it had happened like this or that"

SARIYAH AWAN said...

poetry is really magnificent but it must touch the heart..and this really touched my heart.....

Unknown said...

throw in some rock music and u hav an amazing song right there!

Afflatus Archives said...

Game, Names, and Shames

(a) "The games are nothing, but the names of the shames that you are shedding off."

(b) But the names are nothing just the ol' shards of madness catching on.

(c) The skies turn blue, the pigeon songs begin.

But all I find inside is nothing. A hollow abysmal emptiness. The kind with no beginning or an end.

In that, a struggle against a cold blanket of blank fear and its tangled shadows.
Beyond that, a screeching cry for everything unprecedented.

Anonymous said...

very well written. and so very true!

Ali said...

Now I read this post.. and Im like break free.. DO IT.. SAY IT ALL... and then I read your next post..

Lost said...

~ mohabbat mien nahien hey farq jeenien aur marnien ka, useeko dekh kar jeetien hien, jiss kaafir pay dam nikley.

Chrysler said...

Emancipation
Association
Words
Liberty
Love
Lost in the dark
somewhere
out there
down here
To be found
No where
and seeing then
your words
right here
between the lines
as it be
as it is
as it was
these thouthts
in silence
That make me
lost
I am
Was
still am
lost
but glad
you can
you do
write
the heart
and soul
in body
and spirit
becoming
a travellor
on this
road
long gone