Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alice in Wonderland-

It happened quite unexpectedly
It happened almost suddenly
One day I was just AWARE
That I had finally
Grown up....

I sat and talked again today
In his comfy leather chair
Amidst the well worn books and all
Amidst the old familiar smells
Comfort smells
Old paper, ink, wood paneling

I sat in peace and soaked in
His warm and benevolent gaze
That dearly, cherished, familiar face
"Could it be, Shahnaz, that you are finally growing up?"
"What shall we do John?" I asked
"How shall we keep Alice in Wonderland?"

He chuckled then
While I smiled back
A secret shared
Communication had
Understanding gained
Gratitude expressed

Such are the moments
Of life- my friend
Meaningful more than anything
Such are the moments
Of truth- my friend
When growing happens unexpectedly

I sat and looked
He sat and watched
And peace flowed lazily
Like a river
Meandering
Endlessly

I have grown up
I have shed
My baby fat
And now I'm set
To step into
My big girl shoes...

Alice shall not walk again
Evermore in Wonderland

3 comments:

Ahsan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TaAaL said...

"Could it be, Shahnaz, that you are finally growing up?"

or

"Could it be, Shahnaz, that you are falling in love, may be, again ?"

Anonymous said...

what ever...till the time she is happy