Sunday, February 21, 2010

Approaching 32-

As the clock ticks on...
And 32 draws near
I sit lost in thought and look back on life lived thus far

Happiness?
What is that beast?
Fleeting
Momentary
Self created
A state of being
A feeling

Am I happy?
I have been
I can be
But lately I have not been taking responsibility for my own happiness.
I have lived an "accidental" existence far too long
It is time I take charge of my own happiness and go seek it, take it, make it mine

Freedom?
What is it?
Am I free?
I am from time to time
And then I fall into the abyss of self defeat
And self created chains and shackles
When I seek to control
That is when I lose control
So I have decided to simply
LET GO
OF IT ALL

Let it go
Let him go
Let love go
Let stuff go
Let everything go

If it comes- it comes
It it's mine- it's mine
If it's not- it's not
If it is- it is...

And so today
I feel free
I also feel achy
I feel lost
I feel sad
I feel I shall begin to accept
I feel in time
What will be will be
And it will be what it is
And that will be okay...

Acceptance-
The hardest part
Yet the beginning of a non accidental existence
Step 1- accept
Step 2- breathe
Step 3- live
Step 4- repeat

And thus, shall I seek to live-
My 32nd year

4 comments:

Asma said...

let it go/.sounds creepy to others but nt me

FAISAL RIAZ said...

Happy Birthday Shahnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzz! All the best and Fe Aman Allah!

Starting leaving results on Allah after giving your 100%.

Unknown said...

happy birthday chick :D

Lost said...

Life, in this world is mere a transition...You don't die...You just change...We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey...Thank God for giving u wonderful gift called life...change your approach towards it...If you want to be happy then go and live for others...Wish that Allah may help you...Please get out from gloom & doom...Cheer up :)