Friday, February 19, 2010

Staring at cars- today

Stood by the roadside today
Staring at all the cars go by
Held my breath
With hope kept alive
And a steady vision of love by my side
And wished with all my might
That you would pull up by my side
But truth spoke up and said
Hope...
Does not live here today
Why keep hope alive?

Stood now with my back to the road
Ashamed that someone might see the tears
That fell from my eyes
And with each set of headlights that passed me by
Wished with all my heart
That the light of my love
Would drag you to my side
And all the while
I kept love alive
But the moon taunted my love light
And said
Love...
Does not live here today
Why keep love alive?

Stood by my window and watched
My dreams drive away
Called you up and asked
"Where are you today?"
And you replied
"I am at the movies today..."
And I broke down and cried
Because all the while
I kept my dreams alive
And today
You called me a liar
A gamer you said-
Dreams...
Don't live here today
Why keep dreams alive?

Stood alone once the phone died
All the cars gone now
Just me and my roadside
Hope lost
Love lost
Dreams lost
All lost...
Just me by the roadside
Thought back to the words
"I love you"- you said
Where is the love
I cannot feel by my side
Where are the things I want you to give
Why can I not
Have you just for me
Why all the friends, the girls and the breaks
Where is the love
Why am I not enough
Just like I was
Just simply because
Just like at the cabin
Just the other day...
But the phone looked back at me and said
Just...
Just does not live here today
Why keep just alive?

6 comments:

Ahsan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aeish said...

I don't have words beautiful enough to admire this piece of writing! :)

smartchild said...

well , i hv not properly read it..its too long but still thumbs up !!!
CIAO

FAISAL RIAZ said...

Shahnaz is a riddle
A hard to get
An easy to get along
A strange friend...

FAISAL RIAZ said...

I can feel agony...
Remember, love never dies...

Anonymous said...

I felt the pain emanating from each line. Sensed the tears dripping from this poem drop by drop. SK, love never dies but then you have to find it first. What you got is perhaps not the real thing. Sometimes we are drawn to the facade because it is what we have thought love to be like. Good luck girl