Sunday, March 14, 2010

Lies- Oh how they can break you...




I once witnessed someone break past their anger into sorrow. The defense was broken down and she fell apart and as the sobs wracked her frame, tears streamed down her face and the grief and pain washed over her...

I was in training then-
And I never understood what had occurred within her.

Yesterday- I did.

I was in conversation with CASH and after I had used every bit of indignant fury to fuel my resolve and run about in circles in my head- a wounded animal- thrashing about looking to any direction that would blind me to the pain I felt, I broke past it.

And the grief washed over me.
I sobbed an agony of tears.
I was reminded of that other situation I had once witnessed and I understood what had happened.

Lies-Oh how they can break you...

I thought myself a strong person. Solid to the core. Unshakable. Resilient. But...

Lies- Oh how they can break you.

I looked at the pictures again today. Sad part is- I could just stop looking at them. But I don't stop. I do look-

Every time I do, I feel a stab at my heart. There is a physical reaction that occurs. I look at them. I look at pictures of us. And I break down.

You cannot "unlove" someone. The heart will not allow it. And yet the pain of the lies is unbearable- as is the love... unbearable.

I remember the last time I looked into those eyes and trusted and believed and it breaks me. I remember those eyes. I love those eyes. And they lied to me. And I believed...

Betrayal- It is the worst thing in the world.
Everything loses meaning.
Life loses meaning. Dreams lose meaning.
And when that betrayal comes from one you love- meaning loses meaning...

You wander about aimless- like a compass that is broken, direction-less, meaningless
Spinning in circles, powerless, faithless, hopeless

And in spite of it all you cannot unlove a love
And then you start to run. Run away from yourself. In hopes that you can outrun your love. You thrash about in pain- in vain...

I am brought down to my knees today.
I have run and run and I am broken.

I am reminded of the scene in Braveheart-

The disbelief and disappointment when someone you think you can trust betrays you.
I have lost today.
I am not strong.
I do not hold my head high.
I cannot unlove.
I can no longer even run-
from the pain. from myself. from life. from truth. from lies. from love...

I am brought down to my knees and
I am broken today.

12 comments:

CASH said...

Hey Shahnaz
hope things r better real soon,
Time washes away the bitterness of feelings, but for now, U can't easily get over the pain....

But move on....ITS YOUR LIFE !!!

& thanks for living it with ur fans & students.

signed

CASH

Anonymous said...

take the life as it is...n give chances

FAISAL RIAZ said...

I see pain, pain and pain... anywhere I look, whatever I look...

Deja Vu said...

lies....
a life style for people who utter them conveniently, not bothering about the feelings they hurt.

feeling sorry,
GET WELL SOON SHAHNAZ

Anonymous said...

Dear Shahnaz,

I can relate to this... Recently, I was divorced because my husband betrayed me by cheating on me with my best friend..!!! And she...my best friend...I couldnt believe it..I was at loss...I was HURT, in so much pain which no words can describe. I was in so much agony. I was filled with hurt, bitter, anger. I can still never forgive my ex husband or my ex best friend for what they did to me.....but Shahnaz, you're right...I can never unlove my love. My husband was my true love and I still love him but the pain he gave me.....the scars still run deep...I am deeply wounded by the two people in the world that meant everything to me......and today...Im at loss....because I forgot how to live without my best friend and my husband and damn it, Shahnaz, it still KILLS me inside that them two are still together, they show no remorse....I hate what they did to me, its torture, but I cannot forgive...I have to move on...

Anonymous said...

Dear Shahnaz,

I can relate to this... Recently, I was divorced because my husband betrayed me by cheating on me with my best friend..!!! And she...my best friend...I couldnt believe it..I was at loss...I was HURT, in so much pain which no words can describe. I was in so much agony. I was filled with hurt, bitter, anger. I can still never forgive my ex husband or my ex best friend for what they did to me.....but Shahnaz, you're right...I can never unlove my love. My husband was my true love and I still love him but the pain he gave me.....the scars still run deep...I am deeply wounded by the two people in the world that meant everything to me......and today...Im at loss....because I forgot how to live without my best friend and my husband and damn it, Shahnaz, it still KILLS me inside that them two are still together, they show no remorse....I hate what they did to me, its torture, but I cannot forgive...I have to move on...

Ahsan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Shahnaz, you are a person who knows the value of honouring that covenant called love. Just because the other person has broken his covenant does not mean that you would break it too-- it was not your decision to break what you vowed for in your heart to last a lifetime. In that you are in the right, you are the honourable, you are the stronger.
I see it now. You are an amazing person who would hurt herself to uphold what she pledged and promised. Like William Wallace, or any sincere hero you are a champion of faithfulness, passion, and compassion. Do not see yourself as a weaker person because you would not let go of what you see as truth and right. Stand up tall because you are that strong and resilient person who wouldn't let go of what is honourable.
As for betrayal, yes it hurts but as they often say, love without expecting anything in return. In that you will know of your own sense of honour and truth rather than being disheartening or turning cynical due to the unfaithfulness of another. I know that it is a tall order, but you already are the more strong and honourable one!

Anonymous said...

Also, do not consider your sense of honour spent because you still have that compassion to shower over another. We have an infinite resevoir for love to give.
I recommend Sade's new song "Soldier of Love."

Anonymous said...

I recommend you this song Shahnaz. Watch the video as well and realise the true meaning of life. Its a very inspirational song and movie.

The blind side: Song is Pieces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2TId-t3cyQ

Anonymous said...

did u ever betray some1??? what goes around comes around..may b thats your case. may be u need to think

محمّد فیصل said...

In love there is no feeling of shame or sorrow as love makes us complet. It opens our mide and brings hambelness with the message LOVE to all and hate to none.
its says your love is deep who ever is.
My love to its deepness.
keep it up.
Don't let it go flow with it. Its the only thing that bring life other wise we are dull.