Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Moon-gazing

Stood and talked with the moon last night-
Glowing
Cradled
In gossamer gown
Tendrils of thought
Teased at the seams
As I stood
And listened
And saw
Turmoil
And longing
Conflict
And love
Distance
And closeness
Desire
And want
I watched
And I listened
I spoke
And I thought
And then I came in
And read
My song-
It spoke of love
And yearning for more
It spoke of fates
Of games
Played by the gods
I sat and dreamed
Of precious moments
Of beautiful valentines
Of broken hearts
Of cherished mementos
Of watches and more
Of paper roses
Of love
Of loss
Of poetry
And thoughtfulness
What is the price
Of a golden heart
What is the worth
Of a gift so rare
What is the dream
That most will long for
Speak to me of truth
I ventured to ask
YOU are truth
Came back the reply
...

2 comments:

محمّد فیصل said...

YOU
(Beloved only,not you)

Ahsan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.