Monday, March 22, 2010

Thank you dear friends...

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream. .............But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for."
(Sent to me by Usman Ghanni)

In the late afternoon at work today, after having mulled over the jumble of thoughts and having tried to hold on to bleeding, aching heart- I collapsed, and gave in to sadness- of loss and defeat...

And then as fate would have it-
I had words of encouragement and a gift of kindness come my way from a man who knows me only through my blogs and writing and yet is a great friend to me. He took the time out to feel with me. He took the time out to sit with my hurt and then he wrote these beautiful words to help me along the way.

I am blessed indeed in life-
For angels and friends who watch over me-
Who know so little of me and yet feel me-
Who care enough- to want to help,
And make a difference
And they do...
You all do.
My readers
Companions in my literal journey
Well wishers and silent strengths
You lift me up
You make me whole
Every little comment that strikes a chord
Every little defiant shove in the right direction
Every cyber hug and prayer
Kindness and gesture
Is so appreciated, cherished and treasured.

Thank you dear readers and friends for your constant support and presence.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this process, we all reflect and learn about life and our own experiences, insecurities and fears. It's a wonderful thing to share because you learn from collaboration. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so boldly and doing it so beautifully.

We are all seeking to be more whole. Sometimes it's so awakening to know that we are not as alone in our struggles as we think we are. Sadly, one isolates oneself.

If you were following winter olymics, did you see how skaters push each in speed skating? I find something so altruistic and binding in that.
A motivating line I read in a book: "maybe (to paraphrase Bill Clinton) there was never anything wrong with Jenni that couldn't be fixed by what's right with Jenni" (Born to Run.)

Anonymous said...

The best fear you can adopt is that the lamenting of the bygone may take your attention away from the present and future-- seriously, the thing that jinxes you the most is sadness. Perhaps, that's why it's called bad karma. Stay positive in order that everything may be positive and good in your life.

Ali said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... interesting

Deja Vu said...

Thankyou Shahnaz for honoring me.

You are a great friend. Prayers for ur happiness always

A big Cyber-Hug to U