Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mirror-

Of all the people in the world that I know,
Only one can say this to me-

Shahnaz,
You are arrogant, spoiled, and you try too hard!
You get your panties in a bunch at the sound of the word compromise!
You will not surrender to God, Mom, Dad, Brother, Friend or Lover.
You want to have your cake and eat it too-
And you were always the biggest coward when it came to pain.
Pain just means you are human.

And he made me cry. I cried and cried and cried.
Because he was right.
All of it was true.
And he knew...
All along, he knew-

And this day he said it.
In a way that I could hear it.
He said it honestly.
He said it kindly.
He broke me down completely...
And then he built me up-

For everything- thank you
For understanding, for knowing, for loving, for showing- the mirror, for breaking and building, simply for being-
Jaan you always were, jaan you'll always be... Hi jaan- thank you so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It takes no time to fall in love,
but it takes years to know what love is..."

None of us is perfect, and yet we talk about forgiving, forgetting, etc. Forgive yourself, learn from your mistakes and those of others. Life is rolling on.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...If you dont surrender yourslef to God then I wonder what type of person u really are..!!

Shahnaz said...

@anonymous- i once said, let no man ever come between me and my God!"

so my darling ANONYMOUS-
"gee i don't know what type of person i really am?"
"what type of person are YOU???? and are YOU so sure YOU surrender to GOD???"
"and WHAT makes you sure that you do it?"

DO NOT EVER JUDGE ME AND MY RELATIONSHIP TO GOD!!!!

Haseeb said...

tehe.. lolz