Wednesday, May 5, 2010

soul

tell me a word- she wrote
and a word came back- soul

soul

like the waters of an ocean
separate yet entwined
like the sands of time
endless and sublime
like the essence of knowledge
like knowing
being
seeing
so are we-
oh soul
and you breathe in me
oh soul
and you heard my call
oh soul
some days there is the me
only you can understand
oh soul
and i prayed to HIM
who is the third
of you and me
and I said
my soul feels empty
my pen lacks ink
my words need our rhythm
the dance of the dervish
oh soul
come dance with me today
in ecstasy
again let's play
and build our web of words

oh soul of my soul
you heard me this day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah the fragmentation-- don't call out, just listen. It's all very near.

Then look after your soul, safeguard your soul, and let it command what the ego does-- strengthen your ego so it may learn to change its course when the soul directs a different route for happiness, which may often involve compromise, etc.

Lost said...

yeh zindagi hy k barish hy sangrezoo ki...
me toot phot gaya is mien mubtala ho ker...