Tuesday, November 30, 2010

imploded

Imploded-

and when the self began to disintegrate
there came to me
in unexpected moments
little surprising parts of self
long forgotten
put away
changed and suppressed
now released anew
that make me see
the treasure that i am
the worth of me
little nuggets of gold they are
and greedily i scoop them up
as i spread my wings to soar
feel the freedom and the wind
feel the bitter taste of life that's spent
and long to feel the sweetness of life renewed
i open up my hungry lips
spit out the poison
rinse mouth clean
and then i can taste
the sensuous honey
of life once again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking at some of your scenes in ABC. I intend to write something on that.
You are amazing Shahnaz! Just keep reaching in and bring out that light to the surface.