Monday, November 1, 2010

Moondance-

I walked a mile in my shoes and I loved every minute of it
I took a journey with myself and it was a joy
I live my life
Sure on my feet
I love the skin I was born in
I trust my God
Who is mine not yours
And yes I am of the East
Middle and South
And the sun rises at my end
Each day a new dawn
And every night
There's moonlight
And stars shine
To my delight
And I am the me I always was and will be
And I am free
To soar and shine
Fall down and rise
Again and again
I am at ease
Just as I should be
Because I am irrevocably 
Unchangeably
Gloriously
ME!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is everyones Shahnaz, not just urs

Shahnaz said...

lol.. well he is mine to me and yours to you dear reader-

no offense was intended but we relate to God in our own individual way and each person has a unique belonging with their higher power that makes that higher power theirs individually.

at least that is my take on it and i am comfortable to respectfully agree to disagree with you sir/madam, if your perspective is different.

Anonymous said...

i swear SAK i did not write this comment :)
shoaib