Friday, November 26, 2010

Time-



Time wounds all heels.....

My version of "Time heals all wounds"

So tick tock, tick tock and old time ambles on....

I sat on the couch past midnight last night.
Listened to the rain pitter patter outside
Gazed a while
At the lights twinkle on the lit up tree-
Tried hard to remember
Tried hard to figure out
Did I love someone once upon a time
Did I dream a life with him
Was there ever that space in time
When he sat here by my side
Was I happy then?
Did he love me?
Did he just play me
And manipulate, lie and cheat
Was I foolish
To believe?
Was I wrong to hope and dream?
How soon time passes by
How quickly we forget
How strange
That tonight
It all seems like a dream
Like it never was
And yet a dull ache remains
How clever the mind
To defend against the pain
To black out all sense
Of what was...
And so as the lights twinkle on my tree
And the rain patters outside
And what was- no longer is
And still I breathe
And sometimes I smile
Just last night I even laughed
And today was simply a blast
Fun, peaceful, perfect...
And I catch myself as I start to think
"It would have been perfect. only if..."
And then I stop!
That part is done.
That life is gone
What good is there
To linger here
And hold on
To those who left
And thus I correct
"What could/would/should have been..."
Is a waste-
Life dear soul
Is...
It's not a bunch of shoulds and woulds or even coulds...
It's not a bunch of promises
This year, next year, last year
"we'll be together..."
Life is happening- right this moment!
And those who choose to not be here
Have already chosen a life without
You-
Then why waste your life
Crying over them
Life is happening- right this moment!
And this moment is perfection.
Because of what it is.
Not what could have been
But what IS...
This is my life
And I am thankful
For living
For my child
For my friends
For my family
For my awesome job
For my fabulous life
For this time
At this beautiful cabin
For the twinkling lights
On my pretty tree
For the pitter patter
Of the rain outside
For the strength and courage
That makes me fight my way out
Of all despair and adversity
For success
For hope-faith-belief
For love
All around me
And someday soon
What is mine
Truly mine
Meant for me
Will come to me
And so for that
I am thankful
Tonight-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shahnaz, this is your fan from Swat, Pakistan. Is this poem yours? If this is yours, you have come up with a stunning piece of writing. It's so simple to understand and yet so deep in meaning. Keep writing!

Though it sounds bit irrelevant but I would like to inform you that Team Pakistan won gold medal in field hockey at Asian Games yesterday, beating Malaysia 2-0 in the final. This is a first major title for Hockey team since 1994 World Cup Triumph in Sydney. This victory has worked like a tonic for a nation hit by militancy and flood. I am so happy that feeling like sharing it with entire world. Feel like being united with someone who separated from me 16 years ago.

Regards,
Zulfiqar Gul,
Swat,
Pakistan
gulsviews.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Was able to relate to this. What is mine, truly mine, will come. Alas!

Why wait when you can live in the moment?