Saturday, November 27, 2010

Tonight-

Tonight-
Why do I cry still
Why do the tears still fall
So I loved you once
And it came to an end
And now you are gone
Moved on
And life goes on
Then why does my heart still ache
Over love
Love lost
If it would just be still
And not feel
Would I be better off

And then some days I wonder
Do I ever cross your mind
A passing thought
Does your heart ever ache
Does it break at night
The way mine does
Do you lie awake
And remember my touch

Don't know much of anything
Anymore
Don't even want you
Anymore
Too much pain has come and gone
And what once was
Is
No more
Is ended

And yet I tried
To hold on....
And yet I tried
To hold on
To one day at the beach
It's gone
Washed away
My magic
Today
Long gone
Don't want any of it
Anymore
Don't want much of anything
Anymore

Just need forgetfulness
Tonight
Just need some peace
Tonight
Just need to have my cry
Tonight
Just need to let my heart break
Tonight
Just need to evaporate
Tonight
Simply wash away
And cease to exist
For just a little while
Tonight

Just want to come apart
Undo you from my heart
Unknow you
unlove you
un-You my self
like the Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind
If only I could
Tonight...

4 comments:

Marie Warner said...

Why do you hurt so much Shahnaz? Why dont you just let go - and live for those who ARE worth living for..??

Shahnaz...just let go...let go of it all...just let go.

Shall I tell you how? Ill tell you if you promise me you'll do it...buy 10 helium balloons, just by them...then go to your favourite spot where you had loads of painful memories...hold the 10 baloons (10 for extra weight) in the spot.. close your eyes...and just let go....let go of the pain, the anger, the forgiveness..the balloons, just let go and as you let go, you'll feel it.

Trust me, Shahnaz you will.

Please try this and let me know when you do.

Marie Warner said...

It's not crazy..!! - Its good therapy and IT WORKS>.!!

Marie Warner said...

Did you try it, Shahnaz?

Shahnaz said...

lol...not yet Marie- But I plan on it this weekend. Unfortunately weeknights are jam packed for me, so luxuries like balloon let go happen on weekends.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness... I have a feeling that the symbolic gesture will give me a degree of closure.

thanks-