Thursday, December 9, 2010

Survival and Success-

It is not about how many times you get knocked to the ground, it is the fact that you will get up after each knock and still keep walking forward-

Yes life has knocked me down
Yes I bleed today
Yes it is cold and lonely
Yes I hurt
Yes there is loss
Yes I struggle
Yes I break
Yes the unexpected picture of you moving on can make me stop breathing
...
And yes, I must bow my head and sit awhile
Down here on the ground tonight
As I contemplate-
Not my defeat,
Not my demise
Not my failure
I contemplate
My strength
My courage
My capacity to love
My pain
...
No I am not yet ready
To move on
No I have not the strength
To get up off the ground- today
Today, I can only breathe
And that is okay
Today my head is down
But it bows
Not in defeat
It bows in acceptance
Awareness and recognition
Today I am aground
...
The longer I remain here now
The stronger I will grow
The deeper I will go
The better I will get to know
Me...
It is not unfamiliar
This place where I am today
I have been here
Many times before
...
I used to be scared of it
I ran away from it
I believed that it broke me down
But it does not-
It is a part of my life
If I keep running
Afraid of where I am
I cannot really live
Yes it is true
The statement
"Shahnaz down!"
...
Here is my home for now
And I shall remain
For as long as is needed
To mend what is broken
To heal what is poisoned
To learn
Humility
Courage
Strength
...
I shall sit here
Curled up in a ball
Up against this cold wall
I shall get used to it
I shall learn from it
How to survive a fall
...
I shall be patient
And wait
And bide my time
Until my moment comes
And when it is time
And when I am ready
I shall get up
And move on
...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the Maya Angelo of our time.

Shahnaz said...

you are too kind anonymous- and you give me a swelled head... thanks!

Marie Warner said...

This is a personal (Very personal!!) song to me. I never wnated to share it with anyone but i see alot of myself in you so im sharing it with you. On one condtion..!!

Listen to it: But promise me - you will listen to it full volume and you will FEEL it...!! FEEL IT Shahnaz, I mean it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_TiaU2t1u0&feature=player_embedded


May God give you peace

Let me know your feedback and ill respond to ure other message very soon..!!

Marie Warner said...

This is a personal (Very personal!!) song to me. I never wnated to share it with anyone but i see alot of myself in you so im sharing it with you. On one condtion..!!

Listen to it: But promise me - you will listen to it full volume and you will FEEL it...!! FEEL IT Shahnaz, I mean it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_TiaU2t1u0&feature=player_embedded


May God give you peace

Let me know your feedback and ill respond to ure other message very soon..!!

Shahnaz said...

marie- have to listen to it at home then... and i will.

e mail me please. my blog email is shahnaz.khawaja@gmail.com

if you are anywhere around my vicinity i would love to meet and talk with you over a good cup of coffee. if not e mail would be nice too. i have made a lot of friends through my blog and some of my closest are still those that have connected with me through my writing...

ei-portal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You have excellent posts..!! But ill stop spamming you. Kindly forgive me Shahnaz.

Marie Warner said...

Shahnaz -

I will email you today. Thank you so much for your comment as it meant a lot to me about you wanting to stay in touch with me. I hope I can be of some assistance as you are right, I can connect to your words and writings like a mirror image of my own self.

But first Shahnaz,

Tell me, did you watch the video..? Did you feel the tone and the message of the lyrics..? did you feel the hurt and the pain in the singer's voice...? Did you hear it on a loud volume, alone and did the beats signify the beats in your heart.....yes...i know how it feels....

I really want to know how you listened to the song and what you felt.

I'll definitely email you tonight. Dear Shahnaz, where are you located...? Im currently in London but I do travel alot so where ever you live, Im sure one day we'll meet.

In the meantime, i hope we can become really good friends and share our feelings. Im sure you need a good friend and I hope I can be that good friend to you. Time heals all wounds. You should know that Shahnaz as is your common saying 'tis too shall pass'

Lots of peace and hugs your way. Let time be your companion to help you heal all wounds.