Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The journey- Walking

I walked NYC...
I was not trying to get anywhere really... I just felt that I needed to start walking-

I love to do that. But this time I decided to do it alone- Step out alone and just walk. Going where my feet will take me.  And it was great. I highly recommend taking a vacation all alone, to everyone. It is the most exhilarating thing in the world to do. I had moments where I asked myself, "what the fuck am I doing? Here alone, over the holidays, far away from everyone I know and refusing to be with anyone I know..." and I have to admit it was a little daunting at first. But I had come to do just that and so I did. When the room mates got too familiar I left them too. I needed to be alone- completely alone.

And all the while I walked. And with each step came peace. And my spirit was nourished and my soul renewed. When my heart said stop, I did. And every time I stopped there was a purpose, some universal design. I met someone I was supposed to meet... They gave me company. They gave me something that was needed by my heart and soul. Some gave wisdom. Some companionship. Some gave comfort. Some inspired me. Some gave laughter... and thus I walked and I learned again how to live alone and be alone.

And then it occurred to me. When I first started walking, I had no clue why I walked, why I NEEDED to walk, but I did. I NEEDED it, and before I knew it I had arrived. I had again learned to be me. I had learned again to be alone. And it did not scare me or break my heart any more. I am alone. And it is okay- I had arrived.

No comments: