Monday, November 12, 2012

the joy they bring

they sit
they talk
they cry
...
i listen
...
they laugh
they share
they smile
...
i listen
...
they look my way
with gratitude
and say
thank you
for showing me the way
...
i smile inside
i say
thank YOU
for sharing you with me
you always knew your way
i merely walked alongside
as you
like me
muddled along
until you got it right
...
some days
that is all it takes
someone
to walk alongside
someone
who will just stay
close by
and listen
while you muddle along
until you get it right
someone who believes
in you
when you don't
someone who sees you
when you don't
someone
who will not let go
and will be there
and smile
and say welcome
so tell me
about you
and how you are today
...
they come
they share
...
i hope they see
what a joy
they truly are
to me
...

2 comments:

nkk said...

beautiful..

Shahnaz said...

nkk

it is they that are beautiful... everyone of them!

i am honored to be allowed to be present in their life for a brief moment...

i truly love what i do-
it fills my soul with joy
i am lucky that way i guess...
to have my passion be a career!