Monday, June 3, 2013

Reflections

"Mirror mirror on the wall..."

Upon observing our reflection we learn ourselves...
Such is the mirroring effect-
When offered such a neutral observation, we can objectively face the inner self. In this process a "noticing" happens. When we notice things we are aware-
In awareness the process of change becomes possible.
In my reflected self I was able to see. In seeing I am aware...

As I walked the ocean sands it occurred to me, the meaning of Jesus's words "forgive them lord, for they know not..."

We are a product of our torments. We react out of our torments. Forgiveness is easier to come by when viewed thusly-

In hearing my travel companion speak of higher order functioning, a rising above the primal urges- it struck me. The reasons why so many are stuck in the primal urges. I saw reflected, so much, in that simple statement.

Until a tormented soul has come to peace with the torment, how can it rise above to a higher order function?

In that recognition came the words
..."forgive them lord"...

And such was my understanding as I walked the ocean sands...


No comments: