Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chocolate brownies-

Brownies are good eats. Rich, moist, sweet... 
They are "happy making" food!

Brownies are also like relationships. Relationships are also "happy making" things- IF they are "healthy" :)

Brownies can be unhealthy too! But not the way I make them. I make amazing "healthy" fat free, protein laden brownies!

The trick is to stick with the healthy in both the relationship and the brownie.
My friend Linda once said,

People come into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

I was in the midst of attempting death by carbs last night- very, very late last night. After a horrendous evening I wanted my "happy making" carbs. Caught up in my starch high and processing my thoughts and life events I was pleasantly surprised when my phone ting tinged :)

It was my dear dear friend Bob-
He Facebook messaged me because he saw I was up late and concerned, wrote to encourage me to head to bed since it was that late.

I let him know that I was attempting death by carbs and peanut butter. He chuckled about what a way to go that would be and then proceeded to ask what ailed me.

I told him I was sad and confused by the universe. I told him I was practicing patience. I also told him I was aware that it would all work out in the end...

And then, like always, he spouted his wisdom-

"It will. Until then, 99% of life is showing up, to quote Woody Allen. The other 1% is carbs and peanut butter."

I laughed out loud! And told him I LOVE YOU!
He told me I LOVE YOU back...
Beautiful words those I LOVE YOUs...

The universe may not give me what I want, but it ALWAYS gives me what I need. I needed love last night and got it-

I got love from one of my lifetime people! 

Bob is one of my lifetime people.

That's the thing with lifetime people. They recognize your worth and treat you the way you deserve to be treated. They cherish and adore you. They celebrate and encourage you. Endlessly love you. And vice versa.

Reason people are brought into our lives to bring us messages. They come and go flowing smoothly, impart their messages and then vanish.

Season people are people we had hoped would become lifetime people. But they either did not recognize our worth or did not treat us right... Or we did not recognize their worth and did not treat them right...

The consequence was that a separating was necessitated. Hence the season...

The universe always has a plan. It will guide. Until that plan comes to fruition, I will keep on "showing up!" meanwhile, there's always fat free brownies and peanut butter!

Love and peace-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shahnaz -

If one is so lost in their lives, how can one decide what to do?

I did a whole degree including masters in Journalism and the recession period has meant lack of jobs in this industry especially since everything is going from print to online. So I cant progress with my career.

I am 24 and feel like a failure. I would like to pursue another career but which means I may have to do another degree but feel too old to start another degree. And then again i dont know what career to go into!! Any tips/advise??? I know you went into counselling but where I live its very hard to earn a living as a counsellor.

please help me, i would be most grateful!