Thursday, July 4, 2013

Sticks and stones...

One by one they cast their stones...
Starting with my blood brother and then followed by my human brothers...

Each had his piece to speak,
And condemn my soul-

And I silent, listened...
I sensed my reactive anger smolder
As indignation took force
And gently, gently... I soothed and calmed my flustered clamor.

"Where were they when in agony I writhed?"
"Where when my wounded body called out in pain?"

Not a one did hear my cry or answer my call and yet,
Today they stand... 
Rocks in hand-
Spittle at the ready
Eager to defame
My name
Or so they claim
---
As they stand 
In judgment 
Over my "shame"
Righteous in this game as they
Threaten me with rejection
And also with religion
---
Where were they when 
They uttered 
The lords name in vain
Even as they played "god"
And cast their rocks
At another human
As if they 
Themselves
Were the owners
Of pristine souls...
---

One by one they cast their stones...
Starting with my blood brother and then followed by my human brothers...

While I silent watched...
And stepped aside
Avoided
Their shots...
My soul now without anger
---
Forgive them lord 
For they know not what they do
---

'Tis easy
So very easy 
To forgive 
Another
When we have forgiven
Ourselves...

Forgive them lord 
For their torment 
And agony
Make them
Crucify
Their brethren
As they know not
What they do-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear shahnaz...

Shahnaz said...

for your sweet kindness...thanks

it is not possible to harm a soul looking inward... we break when we look outside of us for approval/truth/gratification

they cast but it can't touch a soul seeking inward...

nonetheless- thanks for your thoughtful empathy
much love and peace