Saturday, February 1, 2014

And the winner is...

Many moons ago
She gave me a card 
...and the winner is...
Many moons ago 
Another demanded 
I punish and reject her
For giving me a card
Many moons ago
I refused to harm her
A beautiful human
Many years later 
She spoke of a souk
Where an old man
Gave her her first Quran 
"I hope you find your answers" he said
Many years later she gave me a song
..."you'll be okay..."
Yesterday
I learned forgiveness
From a man 
Who forgives me for being me
Yesterday, I saw four men
Three manipulate
Three control
Three very unforgiving men
Not because of me
But because of them
And one man 
Forgave
He does not manipulate 
And the winner is
Forgiveness
You'll be okay 
Let the inner goddess shine
And 
You'll be okay
We have all the answers 
Sometimes it takes 
The forgiveness or the stand of another 
To forgive 
To help us take a stand and forgive
Ourselves 
And we'll be okay
And the thing is...
The "winner" is...
Us
When one of us forgives 
We are all forgiven
When one of us wins
We all win
We'll be okay
...


2 comments:

Deja Vu said...

but, the forgiver dosen't forget ...

memories stay where they belong

Anonymous said...

Well very abstract really. you who wrote knows :) but quite pertinent end which we all should follow perhaps.