Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dead Society

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke-


https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154221922375444&substory_index=0&id=546850443


It's an everyday thing for me... It has been for the past 20 years. Some over zealous, obnoxious human who watched me on television will think it his God given right to demand my attention. When I politely ignore that invasion, the attack only gets worse.


And it's not just the rabid fans, it's men at the gym, on the street, in the store- fragile shallow ego maniacs with the emotional intelligence of a brick who demand attention and when you politely forego their advances, they get hostile, aggressive and obnoxious.


Today I had an epiphany.


After one such episode, which two of my native countrymen witnessed and minimized and brushed aside, and one dear friend did NOT minimize, it hit me.

My whole life this behavior has been minimized. "I" have always asserted myself and set my boundaries but no one has EVER backed me up. Everyone has always brushed it aside, or worse yet, blamed me for it and caused me to feel SHAME. Simply for being, to feel shame. While the perpetrators are buoyed. I have had hissing fits of rage, all silent, all internal, at the injustice, until today. Today the nobility of one man- who stated it like it is, changed everything! One man- Greg Frazier!


He spoke up in defense of women. And I realized how many times women have gone defenseless.  Too many chattering voices to minimize and justify and make light of a blatant aggression.


And then we wonder why abuse is so common. And why battered women stay. And why do girls always go for the bad boy. It's because we live in a sick society that minimizes aggression against women. Because there just aren't enough Greg Frazier's in the world. Because both men and women perpetuate the evil by doing NOTHING!


I wish every girl had a Greg Frazier for a dad so women would understand what a "man" is, and stop chasing after sociopathic, ego maniacs and narcissists.


I wish every boy had a Greg Frazier for a dad so they would learn what being a "man" is all about.


When did a society become so complacent? Where did all the Greg Frazier's go?

No comments: