Wednesday, July 30, 2014

An angel departs- SHAIMA of Gaza

July 26 2014- July 30 2014
SHAIMA of Gaza

Not just a number
Not just some dates
Not just another statistic
Not just a name
She was a baby
She was a human
She fought for life

5 days...
5 days?
5 days!!!!

Her lifespan-

Five days

F
I
V
E
DAYS

I remember my daughters face
The day she was born
I remember my heart swell with love
At her beautiful face
I remember seeing Shaima's picture
I remember my heart swell with love
I looked at this innocent emblem of love
I sensed her fragrance
I sensed her soft cheek
I wanted to hold her
And keep her safe...

Alas!

She's gone.
This bundle of love
She's gone
This angel of grace

Heaven open wide
Let my tears pave her way
Let my love be her shroud
As she finds her resting place...

Too much hate
Too much hate
Heaven have mercy
On her murderer's fate

After the torment in my soul subsides
Only silence remains
Just my words by my side
And her picture in front of my face
And I a heap on my bedroom floor
And my bug by my side
As tears stream down both our faces
This angel
Our heart
Our soul
Our love
Personified

An angel departs
5 days was her reign
An angel departs
In my heart she'll remain
An angel departs
No amount of hate
Can overcome my love for her
My angel
My SHAIMA
Of Gaza...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O Shaima , are they HUMANS?
NOT AT ALL
NOT FUCKING AT ALL