Saturday, July 12, 2014

My heart and I are friends

There are these moments in life- moments of polarity, moments that define us-
When we learn what we are and what we are not. What we believe and what we do not. What is right and what is not. Moments that teach us the "who" and the "what" we are! 
Moments in which our courage and convictions are formed out of which our courage emerges. 
It is a process of deep internal struggle, of facing our demons, our anger, our hatred and our loathing and deciding what we will do with it. Looking at our choices and then making one.

It is precarious, that moment of choice....
To do the RIGHT thing and still be true to your heart and not betray it.

For me, doing the right thing means I will not become like the evil I oppose but I will not befriend it either-

As a result I am true to myself and my heart and I are friends!

Asim my dear friend, this one is for both you and I today. We both had to face our demons and then some. I hope you will see what I mean when I write this-

#Fight4Peace #HelpGaza

Peace and blessing-

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your post on Life a la shahnaz, good. i know you are upset due to Gaza we are also upset, but i know you are strong, peaceful, educated, tolerable. May Allah give you and your little angle lot of happiness in life coz you are one good soul. Azam

Unknown said...

you are one good soul. Strong, peaceful and amazing.
i really like you writing

Unknown said...

you are one good soul. Strong, peaceful and amazing.
i really like you writing

Unknown said...

you are one good soul. Strong, peaceful and amazing.
i really like you writing and agree with you, May Allah give you lot of happiness & success.

Unknown said...

Amazing writing, you born talented, May Allah give you and your little angle lot of happiness.
You are very nice personality.
strong, peaceful.
Take care. Miss